The NSW Government has produced a suite of documents about protecting and regulating Aboriginal cultural heritage:
- Information on the protection and regulation of Aboriginal cultural heritage including due diligence
- Information on Aboriginal Heritage Impact Permits (AHIP)
- Information on investigation, assessing and reporting on Aboriginal cultural heritage
- Information on the minimum standards for archaeological investigation undertaken under the National Parks and Wildlife Act
- Information about the requirements for consulting with Aboriginal people who can provide information about the significance of Aboriginal cultural heritage as part of the heritage assessment process
- How the Aboriginal Heritage System Works – an introductory guide which outlines how Aboriginal heritage legislation is administered, how Aboriginal people participate in decision-making, how proposals are reviewed and how protection is enforced.
The New South Wales Aboriginal Land Council has also produced a series of factsheets about Aboriginal heritage site protection under the NPW Act 1974.